Top 8 Toxins to Avoid in Your Shampoo and Body Wash Products
We all love our shampoo, conditioner, and body wash with those amazing fragrances and body that help us tame that unruly hair and make our hair and skin feel amazing. But what if I told you that there could be toxins in those products that we didn't even know that we were willingly putting into our body.
Below are 8 of the top toxins to look for and avoid when buying your haircare and body wash products as well as how they can potentially affect different parts of our body:
1. Retinyl Palmitate: reproductive toxicity, organ system toxicity, possible carcinogens
2. Fragrance: organ system toxicity, allergies, contact dermatitis
3. Triclosan: endocrine disruption, organ system toxicity
4. Cocamidopropyl Betaine: skin irritation, allergic contact dermatitis
5. Quaternium-15: releases carcinogenic formaldehyde
6. Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate: organ system toxicity, allergies
7. Phenoxyethanol: organ system toxicity, skin, eye, and lung irritant
8. Potassium Sorbate: skin and organ system toxicity
Knowledge is power. We must learn how to protect ourselves from these types of toxins and embrace using more clean natural products to support our overall health.